Last updated: 2 October 2017
This policy applies to the personal information you give us or which we receive. Please read this policy carefully.
- What information do we collect about you?
We may collect and use the following information about you:
- Information which you give us as our customer – for example when we advise you, when you attend an event, when you sign up to one of our services, or when you ring us or we call you. Please note that calls may be recorded for training and quality assurance purposes.
- Information we receive from external agencies, intermediaries or others who have referred you to the Synoptic Technologies Ltd.
- What happens to the information?
The information will be used for the following purposes:
- To provide with our products and services.
- To send you information that you ask us for and, if you have asked to be put on our mailing lists, information which we feel may be of interest to you.
- To share with other delegates, with your permission, at certain events.
- To notify you about changes to our products and services.
- For customer satisfaction monitoring and evaluation of our services. Information about you will be passed to a third party organisation who may contact you to obtain your views on the service you have received, including customer satisfaction.
We also use your information to:
- Measure the quality of our services and improve them;
- Help us to service customers’ needs more effectively;
- Prevent and detect fraud and irregularity.
Where we store your information
We store information in the UK on our own servers and in paper files. We also use a customer relationship management (CRM) database which is based in the EU.
Some of our staff may access your information from outside the EEA, for example using a laptop or handheld device.
IT suppliers outside the EEA, like Salesforce, may also have incidental access to your information for the purpose of providing IT support.
How long will we hold your information?
We will store your information at least for the duration of any customer relationship we have with you.
- Who else will receive the information?
We may disclose your information to the following types of organisation:
(1) Funders, auditors, advisers and authorities
We may share your information with our advisers so we can take advice, or with our own auditors for auditing purposes. We will disclose your information to regulatory or enforcement authorities if asked to do so, or to a third party in the context of actual or threatened legal proceedings.
As well as the employees, officers, auditors and other agents of the Synoptic Technologies Ltd, the Secretaries of State, the European Commission, the European Court of Auditors, the National Audit Office, (and any successor to any of the foregoing bodies) may examine, audit or copy the information contained in any document or record (whether paper or electronic) relating to the services or products provided to you.
(2) Organisations referring customers to the Synoptic Technologies Ltd
We will usually share your information, both core details and details of our interactions with you, with any organisation which referred you to us, so they know the outcome of the referral.
We may allow third party providers and contractors who supply services to us or who process information on our behalf incidental access to your information. We will ensure that they keep your information secure and do not use it for their own purposes.
We may share your information with another organisation which buys one or more of our group companies or our assets or to whom we transfer our agreement with you and in the course of any negotiations which may or may not lead to such a transfer or sale.
- How we safeguard your information
We will keep your information secure by taking appropriate technical and organisational measures against the unauthorised or unlawful processing of that information and against its accidental loss, destruction or damage.
We use traffic analytics cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to our customer needs.
We use session cookies whilst you are on our website to help maintain your ID whilst talking to our servers, they only last for the duration of your visit and are deleted when you close your browser. Our “remember me” functionality will use a more persistent cookie, this is optional and is not used for further tracking. These cookies contain no identifying information and cannot be used by 3rd parties to identify an individual.
Using cookies helps us create better websites, providing customers with a better browsing experience. Cookies do not allow us to access your computer or any information in any way, other than the data you choose to share with us.
We use the free Google Analytics tool (see http://www.google.com/intl/en_uk/analytics/) to collect and analyse site statistics.
Google Analytics uses persistent cookies to track data. These cookies do not collect any personally identifiable information and are only used for the statistical collection of data such as visits and page hits. Google Analytics’ cookies store IP addresses but we cannot link those addresses to any individual or path through the website. Google uses the cookies to read information and evaluate visitors’ use of the website in the form of statistical reports that we can access. The Google Analytics’ code is incorporated into our site’s code so that our site serves the cookies, but Google has access to the cookies.
Google Analytics’ terms require us to reproduce the following wording in this policy:
To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics across all websites visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Further information
Please let us know (using our contact details below) if there are any changes to your information, or if you notice any mistakes in the information that we hold about you as this helps us to keep it up to date and reliable. We may contact you from time to time to check whether the information we have on you is still accurate and up to date.
In addition, please contact us if you wish to:
- See a copy of the information we hold on you. Please note that there is a statutory fee for this which is currently £10. We will also need sufficient evidence of your identity and sufficient details of the information you wish to see to enable us to locate it; or
- Be added to, or removed from, our mailing lists.
Data Protection Officer
Synoptic Technologies Ltd
19 Frederick Sanger Road
Surry Science Park
Email: to set up
Further information about data protection issues including the online register of data controllers can be found on the Information Commissioner’s site at www.ico.org.uk